Friday, June 1, 2012

Fabrics and books from market to look out for.

Fabrics. YES!!
The list below is just what l saw and appealed to me.
All these fabrics are coming soon, or later this year. Some may already be available.

Some l have pictures of, others you will need to check out the links.
Have a look on Blue Hills Fabrics. There are a few new lines l like lots.
 Pomegranate, Cotton Crazy and Ohio Star.
 All based on antique quilts from the Rocky Mountain Museum.
 Some l like more than others. New Colonies is my fav.
Newcastle. Pam Weeks - Prussian Blue , Civil War Album 2,
Anna Barnes - Civil War miniatures.
 
 

 
Metropolitan Fair - 1862 battle Hymn - both by Barbara Brackman
 
 
BOOKS.
 
Civil War Legacies by Carol Hopkins.
 These are repeats of past patterns, so if you have her patterns,
 you probably don't need this book. But its nice to have them all together.

Small Pieces, Spectacular Quilts. A MUST!!
 this book also has some antique quilt pictures.
l went to their school house and it was great, They had the antique quilts there.
Of course the Quilted Crows book. That goes without saying.
These 3 books are in my collection now.
Well, heading to Sorrento for some much needed sewing time,
and a chance to get re-acquainted with my machine after 6 weeks.
Will be back next week with more from Quilt market.
Of course, l have saved the best till last!!
Thanks for visiting.
Linda.

7 comments:

  1. I love the last two books especially , I have to admit to being disappointed in the Civil War Legacies book. oh I can't wait for some of these new fabrics to be in the stores....BB new Metropolitan Fair fabric line is probably the best line she has ever done
    Love the greys in the line as well as those paisleys! and the greens!
    so how long do we have to wait to see the last post on market , since you just had to add how you saved the best for last now I want to see it now!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  2. My head is spinning from looking at all those amazing fabrics. I LOVE the pomegranate collection. And the book by Biz Storm looks like one that needs to live on my shelf. Have a great time sewing, you have lots of inspiration to keep you going for a while. Can't wait to "see the best"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to have at least one of those books and what great fabrics to look forwARD TO.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chateau Rouge is on my shopping list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What about the new collections from Marcus Fabrics? The Mill Girls and the related book, Away Fro Home: Quilts inspired by the Lowell Factory Girls?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was a quilt store out of the way of going to my mothers and picked up 2 of those books. Spectacular small pieces, yes, I want to make every quilt in there and also Civil war legacies, I really think I am going to be busy the next couple of years! these are awesome books now on the lookout for the others!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm having so much fun catching up with your posts.

    ReplyDelete

l love getting your comments. However, if you are a non-reply blogger, l can't reply.