Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Sewing at Sorrento.

Our first retreat for the year was last weekend,
and we certainly enjoyed some uninterrupted sewing time.

Margaret continued on with sewing these yummy red T blocks,



And by the end of the weekend, had made a start on putting the top together.
This quilt is going to be simply stunning!


Sandra made a start on her 9patch-snowball quilt,


And made it this far before running out of the red fabric.
Just waiting on the postie now for this quilt to become larger.


Chris brought these blocks along,



And before the weekend was over, had the top completed.

Hmm!! l think this would look great in red and white!!



She also completed this top, among other things not photographed.
She won the award for high achiever of the weekend.


Bev was hand piecing these Lemoyne stars. 




And made good progress over the weekend.


Jill was also hand piecing blocks.
This quilt is looking stunning.


Remember  l was sewing these back in January?


Over the weekend, l concentrated on this quilt,


Some of the girls took a walk uptown,
 and l had completed the top by the time they returned.
This is what greeted them as they walked in the door.


This was their response.
All camera's loaded and firing!!


Of course, they could see it still needed improvements,
So l set to work and added a final outer border.
l first saw this quilt over on this blog and fell in love with it.


l had a block left over from my cross quilt, so just added a border.



There were a few flying geese left over from my daughters birthday quilt,
so we had a little play, and came up with this.
l love using leftovers!!




No pictures of food this time, we were too hungry!!

We watched movies, laughed and sewed, shopped and shared wonderful friendship.
All in all a GREAT weekend.
Can't wait to do it again girlfriends!!

Thanks for visiting.
Linda.

P.S. l know l promised a giveaway. Its coming on the next post. Stay tuned.

23 comments:

  1. i love your red and white quilt!! it's beautiful and i'm not normally attracted to red...thanks so much for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous quilts!
    I love red and white!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Linda with lots of inspirational quilts. Can't wait for the Red & White Exhibition later in the year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a retreat with lovely quilts and endless inspiration!! Thanks for letting me be a part of it through your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! a lot of sewing was certainly achieved on your retreat, everything looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a productive group you are. Love, love, love your red & white quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is the gang to hang out with! Such fantastic projects; yours is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my...I want to quit my job and stay home to quilt now. All these pictures are inspiring. Tell us what pattern your red/white star quilt is. I've put it on my "gotta make" list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the red & white star quilt. The thing that stands out is that red is the main thing you see and the white seems to sparkle. That's the type red & white quilt that is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These quilts are all so stunning! Love them all! And I, too, saw that red & white quilt on that blog, and have it on my 'must make' list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic and inspiring quilts, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous array of quilts and I really love your star quilt. I wonder how it would look with the colours switched.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great pictures ! And lovely quilts too !! Hugs, Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow!! Looks like the weekend was quite productive. How fantastic are these quilts. Red and white quilts are so inspiring I think I really should make one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful results but I wouldn't expect anything less from your talented group. See you on the 16th.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lots of fabulous quilts are going to come out of that retreat! Amazing what a great quilt a T block makes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun time! Thanks for sharing all of these wonderful, inspiring projects!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your red and white quilt...I'm thinking I need to start one. Thanks for sharing all the inspiration and fun from your retreat...mine will is just 9 days away!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for sharing great pictures and quilts, but the photo of the girls taking the pics was priceless and tickled the heck out of me.

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW you've all been so busy, I really love your red & white quilt......... just superb !

    ReplyDelete
  21. I LOVE all the red & white quilts!! Thanks for pictures and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I Love your red and white quilt, what pattern is it> I think I'm going to add it to my "bucket list".

    ReplyDelete
  23. Linda, you are inspiring! You get so much done. The red and white frenzy is so wonderful - and, oh, do I wish I had been smart enough to go to New York last year. I find I am drifting more and more to my reds as I make my little quilts for the Jo's Club I lead. Your red and white exhibit in the fall should be absolute fabulous!
    Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete

l love getting your comments. However, if you are a non-reply blogger, l can't reply.